Historical Edinburgh is the capital city of Scotland, in the United Kingdom. It is famous for its University of Edinburgh, and its annual festivals held for four weeks every August. Statistics show that the city draws about one million visitors from all over the world, thereby creating a tremendous demand for holiday lets.
Holiday lets are self contained furnished apartments or cottages, where tourists can conveniently stay if they prefer the feel of home away from home. Whilst Edinburgh offers many hotels for comfort stay, if privacy and value for money are a priority, tourists may want to consider staying in self-catering apartments that offer high standard furnishings, and are also situated closer to all of Edinburgh’s tourist attractions. The following are Edinburgh’s top 5 holiday lets that warrants attention.
* St. Giles Apartments are luxury accommodations located in the Conservation area of Royal Mile, just minutes from Princes Street and Waverley train station. The apartments offer spaces for different sized families, and their high standard designer furnishings provide a home away from home living. Private living and dining rooms, superb linen, fully equipped kitchens with the finest utensils, are just few of the amenities offered. They also boast stunning view of the St. Giles Cathedral.
* The Causewayside Apartments, another sophisticated short-lets are situated just a few minutes’ walk from the Royal Mile. These are modern ground floor apartments fitted with wooden floors, and furnished with beautiful Scottish art wall decor. They offer ample space with king sized bed, and complimentary welcome package include tea and biscuits. However, it is a non-smoking facility and does not accept pets.
* The New Town Residence is a historic property built in 1791. It has been renovated to a superb home that provides accommodation of three large bedrooms. The building is situated within all tourist attractions, and also close to the city’s main train station, with easy access to local shops and bars. En-suite bedrooms, and a gorgeous fireplace are a few amenities to enjoy. Guests are even provided with umbrellas for those rainy days.
* Crosswoodhill Farm Holiday Cottages offer the five star and award winning Orlege End, and Craigengar cottages. Nestled in the countryside with tranquil settings, and spectacular furnishings, the cottages are just minutes away from the center of Edinburgh, and it’s the perfect romantic getaway. Orlege End is big enough to comfortably sleep five people whilst Craigengar’s five bedrooms comfortably sleep 12 people.
* Edinburgh Pearl Apartments, located in the heart of Edinburgh’s attraction places, offer luxury self-catering accommodations that come with free parking. These apartments are a stone-throw from the famous Princes Street. They are furnished with amenities to make guests’ stay as comfortable as possible.
Edinburgh is a beautiful city with historical monuments, and entertaining festivals. It’s even been dubbed as the “Athens of the North”. Whatever brings tourists to this city, they are sure to have a good time, and feel at home in one of these Edinburgh’s top five holiday lets.